Welcome to Sully’s Grill – a popular venue at Sullivan’s 71st Street & N Keystone Avenue store where a wide variety of grilling classes are offered. It is a fun location for special events, parties, meetings, and private group grilling classes too.
About our Grilling Classes:
- Doors open at 6:00 pm with the class starting at 6:30 pm unless noted otherwise.
- Classes generally include a demonstration and Q&A session before participants head to the grills for hands-on learning. Once the cooking is done, everyone enjoys the fruits of their labor along with some dishes prepared by our chef to round out the meal.
- Classes are limited in size to ensure a quality experience.
- You don’t have to cook! We realize you may have been forced against your will to attend this class. So if you’re not in a grilling mood, our chef will be happy to prepare your food for you. We want you to have fun!
- Beer and wine are available at an additional cost.
- Our classes are geared toward grilling on the Big Green Egg or Weber grills as noted. Many concepts are applicable to gas or charcoal grilling.
- Classes run approximately two hours.
- Please contact Nick Freije with questions regarding Sully’s Grill at email@example.com
Grilling Classes make a great gift – especially as a shared experience!
Click here to purchase a grill class certificate
Cancellation Policy: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before class time to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Beer Pairings Dinner
Join us for a special dinner with Bier Brewery pairings. This will be a four course meal paired with four Bier samples (included in the cost). There will be plenty of grill talk and we’ll discuss brew / food compatibility.
On the menu:
Roasted IPA Mussels / Bier’s Fluffy Pow Pow
Beer Braised Brats and Kraut / Bier’s ESB Bier
Smoke Pork Tenderloin with Beer BBQ Sauce / Bier TBD
Dessert Bier Float / Bier TBD
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Big Green Egg 101
Whether you’re new to the Egg or just need a refresher course, this class is for you! We’ll cover the basics such as lighting your grill, maintaining temperature, slow cooking techniques, and much more. Don’t worry about being hungry! Our chef will be preparing a few dishes to taste during the class. This class is instructional (not hands-on) with time for questions.
Saturday, February 23, 2019
All burgers are not the same. There’s a reason why restaurants are always competing in ‘who has the best burger’ contests. The reason is that it’s not easy to produce great, consistent burgers on the grill…until now! Join our chef for this special class as he teaches how to combine popular cuts of beef to create the ultimate burger. You’ll learn, then you’ll grill, and then you’ll feast. As always, this class includes a full meal. We see a blue ribbon in your future!
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Tailgating is increasingly popular at baseball games, soccer matches, concerts and at parks. Hone your portable grill cooking skills before the outdoor season is in full swing! Included on the menu are two appetizers: smoked Louisiana chicken wings and bacon-wrapped pineapple with sriracha glaze. Chef Nick will round out the class with other crowd-pleasing grilled fare for memorable gatherings!
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Pizza on the Grill
We will go over three ways to prepare pizza on the grill – turning your outdoor grill into a regular Italian pizza oven. First, we’ll start with a traditional margherita pizza on a thin crust. Then we will make a more pan-style pizza with great smoked toppings. Lastly, we will create a dessert pizza that will make your neighbors jealous!
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
The Perfect Steak
This class will feature Weber charcoal and Big Green Egg grills. You will learn proper lighting and grill set up with hands-on demonstrations. We will go thru every aspect to create the perfect cut of meat including what to look for in different cuts and what makes each unique. We will also prepare great sides to make a meal that will be second to none. In the end, you will have the confidence needed to grill the Perfect Steak!
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Big Green Egg 101
Whether you’re new to the Egg or just need a refresher course, this class is for you! We’ll cover the basics such as lighting your grill, maintaining temperature; slow cooking techniques, and much more. Don’t worry about being hungry! Our chef will be preparing a few dishes to taste during the class. This class is instructional (not hands-on) with time for questions.
Saturday, April 13, 2019