Our Unique Grilling Classes
Welcome to Sully’s Grill – a popular venue at Sullivan’s 71st Street & N Keystone Avenue store where a wide variety of grilling classes are offered. It is a fun location for special events, parties, meetings, and private group grilling classes too.
About our Grilling Classes:
- Doors open at 6:00 pm with the class starting at 6:30 pm unless noted otherwise.
- Classes generally include a demonstration and Q&A session before participants head to the grills for hands-on learning. Once the cooking is done, everyone enjoys the fruits of their labor along with a featured sides and dessert.
- Classes are limited in size to ensure a quality experience.
- You don’t have to cook! We realize you may have been forced against your will to attend this class. So if you’re not in a grilling mood, our chef will be happy to prepare your food for you. We want you to have fun!
- Each person attending the class needs to purchase a ticket, even if they don’t want to grill! The ticket price includes a full meal, the class experience and a good time!
- Beer and wine are available at an additional cost.
- Our classes are geared toward grilling on the Big Green Egg. Many concepts apply to gas or charcoal grilling.
- Classes run for approximately two hours.
- If you have 10 or more people that want to attend a class together, we would love to have a private class for you. Just contact us about details!
- Cancellation Policy: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before class time to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
- Please contact Becky Betz with questions regarding Sully’s Grill at email@example.com
Now Let's Grill
This class will teach you the proper technique for grilling the perfect steak on a Big Green Egg. There will be a guest expert talking about the different cuts of meat. Our class will start with a demonstration and Q&A session before you head out to one of the Big Green Eggs to give it a try. Once your steak is ready, we’ll provide the rest of the meal so we can celebrate a job well done.
July 8th at 6:30ppm
Our chef will give you all the details about smoking Beef Brisket and Ribs. You will learn the process from beginning to end for producing tender, flavorful smoked meats. The best part is that you don’t have to wait for hours while the meats are smoking. You will enjoy portions of the final product and be entertained with talk of the journey.
July 15th at 6:30pm SOLD OUT
July 16th 6:30pm JUST ADDED!
In our bacon 101 class, we’ll be covering the path from fresh, whole pork belly to delicious cured bacon. Guests will learn how to trim whole muscle, assemble and apply curing dry rubs, smoke whole bacon slabs, and create their own unique bacon recipes. This class will be accompanied by a 3 course bacon focused meal.
July 22nd at 6:30pm
Come learn the proper technique for cooking great pizza on a grill. The class starts with a demonstration by our chef during which you’ll learn about creating a great crust and delicious pizza. Our cooking classes are hands-on. After the demonstration and Q&As, you’ll be ready to try your pizza-making skills on one of the Big Green Eggs. Our chef will be there with tips and personal assistance.
July 29th at 6:30pm
Ever wonder how the great steak houses get such full flavor with their beef? This class will teach you the proper technique for grilling the perfect steak on a Big Green Egg or any grill! Our chef will be there offering tips and advice (and possibly drinking your beer). Once your steak is ready, we’ll provide the rest of the meal so we can celebrate a job well done.
August 5th at 6:30pm
It’s easy to get tripped up while preparing seafood on the grill. Let Andrew Caplinger of Caplinger's Fresh Catch demonstrate the proper way to prepare seafood and get great results EVERY time! They’ll start with a demonstration and Q&A session before turning you loose on one of the Big Green Eggs. Not to worry! The experts will be there the entire time with tips and assistance. Once the grilling is done, the rest of the meal will be provided to accompany your freshly grilled seafood.
August 26th at 6:30pm
One of our professionally trained guest chefs will walk you through selecting the perfect steak and seafood and then will demonstrate the proper techniques for cooking on the grill! Then you will get the chance to grill, with the assistants of our experts! We will provide sides to finish off the meal.
September 2nd at 6:30pm