How to Tips for Home & Garden
Pat talks about: How to Maintain Your Grill
Take a few minutes to maintain your outdoor grill for safety and good cooking performance.
- Use a wire brush, scrubber or wood paddle to clean the grates.
- Remove the grates and scrape excessive grease off the flavorizor bars. Replace them if they have rust holes.
- Scrape the sides and the lid interior. Use a spray degreaser on inside of the lid if needed.
- The drip tray below the cookbox (grill bottom) catches the runoff. Slide it out and scrape off the buildup.
- A 20 lb. propane tank weighs 18 lbs empty and 38 lbs full. Keep an extra full tank so you are ready if the propane runs out while cooking.
- To check for leaks in the tank fittings, spray soapy water on the connectors and hose. If you notice bubbles, there is a leak.
- Always transport a propane tank in the upright position. Secure it so it does not roll over.
Now that you have a clean, well-maintained grill and full propane tank, you are ready for a great grilling season!
- Indy Egg Fest
- Artificial Trees
- PATIO FURNITURE
- Garden Center
- The Yellow House
- About us
- Ask Pat
- Contact Us